we arrived yesterday, the meaning machine entrails and Tom's traveling guitar arrived safely today. ironically right now my mind is filled with ideas for a proposal that Ashley Pigford and I are working on, and it has to do with Maine. so I have spent my first hours in Berlin emailing madly and looking up images of old maine sailing ships on the web. but now that our tools and toothpaste are with us once again it is time for us to explore the city.initial reactions to our east Berlin scene: surprising amount of overgrown lots. those combined with communist era architecture bode very very well for tragi-comic meaning machine locations. the neighborhood we are in, well, the best way I can describe it is to say that the attitude about art reminds me of the attitude on the west coast about life style choices. like it's essential and you make whatever concessions necessary to sustain it.
No comments:
Post a Comment